If you are an employer (or part of a group of employers) who pays $6.5 million or less in Australian taxable wages in a financial year, you can apply for a refund of Queensland payroll tax for July and August 2020.
These refunds do not have to be repaid.
You will need to apply by 30 October 2020 to be eligible as the refunds are not automatic.
How to Apply for Refunds
- Visit coronavirus payroll tax relief.
- Read the information relevant to your lodgement frequency.
- Submit your refund application and wait for the confirmation email.
- Follow the instructions provided in the confirmation email.
- Extended Payment Deferrals
The Queensland Office of State Revenue is also offering extended payment deferrals for payroll tax obligations up to the period ended 31 December 2020. Interest will not apply if you pay by the relevant deferred payment due date.
The revised deferred payment dates are as follows:
How to Apply for the Payment Deferral
- If you have already applied and been approved for the deferral, there is no need to do anything further – the revised due dates will automatically apply.
- If you haven’t already applied for the deferral – Click here
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email.
- You must continue to lodge returns by the lodgement dates during this time – without paying them.
- You will need to pay by the deferred date.
- You can resume paying returns at any time during the deferral period.
If you have any questions or need assistance please do not hesitate to contact your Cooper Reeves Adviser.